KL Runner

Kuala Lumpur Runner, KULAI Runner.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

KL Tower Towerthon Challenge 2010

My 1st podium in an international event
picture courtesy from Bro. Tey, more quality pictures pls visit his photos album at http://pmtey3.multiply.com/


My past, present and future Towerthon result

2006 - 19.55 - Faster running pace but no staircase training at all.

2009 - 18.23(13th) - Trained for 2 times only before the race (17 storey x 3times and 17 storey x 4 times)

2010 - 17.06(2nd) - Trained for 4 weeks. 1st week - 2 times. 2nd week - 4 time, 3nd week - 5 times, race week - 4 times.

2011 - 16.10 (Target time) To train for 8 weeks before the race.

As usual, most of the top runners and thailands' runners were here for the race. I run with much confidence as i was well prepared for this race. Despite heavy jam in the middle of the staircase climb, i still managed to finish at the time of 17.06 and won the 1st runner up in men senior vet cat. I am very happy will my performance and will going to remember it for a long time....cheers !
I didn't spent extra time to train for this race but to convert the usual running time to staircase climbing and it work! Next year i will going spend more time in staircase training and improve my time further.

My next race :-
10th April 2010 - Cabaran Gunung Datuk Rembau.
18th April 2010 - CAR Family Run 2010.
25th April 2010 - Jogathon Warisan 2010 (Larian Kubur)
2nd May 2010 - Larian Bersama dengan Bomba

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 am, Blogger YMO said…

    Hi Vincent, I've been following your blog for a little while and really enjoy your race photos. I'm from KL but now live in London and it's great to see pics of home. I'm also a newbie runner so it's inspiring to see all the running Malaysians, too! Congrats on your win!

    Yang-May Ooi
    http://www.fusionview.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
  • Air Impact Wrench Malaysia
  • hand tools tools Malaysia
  • air tools Kennedy tools