KL Runner

Kuala Lumpur Runner, KULAI Runner.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

KL Tower Towerthon Challenge 2010

My 1st podium in an international event
picture courtesy from Bro. Tey,  

My Towerthon results in the past, present, and future:

  • 2006: 19.55 - I ran faster, but I did not train on any staircases.
  • 2009: 18.23 (13th place) - I trained only twice before the race by climbing 17 stories three times and four times.
  • 2010: 17.06 (2nd place) - I trained for four weeks, climbing staircases two times in the first week, four times in the second week, five times in the third week, and four times during race week.
  • 2011: My target time is 16.10, and I plan to train for eight weeks before the race.

At this year's race, most of the top runners and Thailand's runners participated. I ran with confidence, knowing that I was well-prepared for this race. Despite heavy congestion during the staircase climb, I finished with a time of 17.06 and won 1st runner up in men's senior vet category. I am thrilled with my performance and will remember it for a long time. Cheers!

I did not spend extra time training for this race, but I converted my usual running time into staircase climbing, and it worked! Next year, I plan to spend more time training on staircases to improve my time further.

My next race :-
10th April 2010 - Cabaran Gunung Datuk Rembau.
18th April 2010 - CAR Family Run 2010.
25th April 2010 - Jogathon Warisan 2010 (Larian Kubur)
2nd May 2010 - Larian Bersama dengan Bomba

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 am, Blogger Yang-May Ooi said…

    Hi Vincent, I've been following your blog for a little while and really enjoy your race photos. I'm from KL but now live in London and it's great to see pics of home. I'm also a newbie runner so it's inspiring to see all the running Malaysians, too! Congrats on your win!

    Yang-May Ooi
    http://www.fusionview.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
  • Air Impact Wrench Malaysia
  • hand tools tools Malaysia
  • air tools Kennedy tools