Sunday, November 30, 2008
Best Alternative entrance to Bukit Putih-Ah Pak San
View Larger Map
I found this new entrance to Bukit Putih-Ah Pak San while hiking from from Saga Hill entrance to Bukit Putih today. This is so far the best entrance to Bukit Putih. It is located near Jalan Wangsa 2/7, Taman Wangsa Cheras, which is very near (about 300 meters away) to the Taman Wangsa Cheras old entrance. More and more hikers have chosen this entrance to access to Bukit Putih.
It took me about 2 hours and 5 minutes to complete the journey from Saga hill entrance (Taman Saga) to this new entrance (Taman Wangsa Cheras) and come back from station 1 to 5 and back to Saga hill entrance.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Running Events for Dec 2008
Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon
13th - 14th Dec 2008
2000 hr to 0800 hr
First Putrajaya International 12-hour Walk 2008.
14th Dec 2008
Chin Woo Biathlon 2008. Venue: Stadium Chin Woo, Kuala Lumpur.
14th December 2008
Time: 4.30pm -10.00pmVenue: Carpark,Taman Pertanian Malaysia,Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam,40000 Shah Alam,Selangor.Distance:6km and 4km
21th Dec 2008
Malakoff 12km KL Run.Venue: Taman Rimba Kiara, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur. Incorporating a 6km fun run.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Now You May Bring Your Internet Download Movie To TV Display
In the coming days, you will deeply realized the enjoyment and convenience that are brought by digital player owns eximious capability and excellant quality.
It is very ease to download on internet or copy, RM, RMVB, MPEG1(VCD), MPEG2(DVD), MPEG4(DIVX), MOV, MP3, JPG, BMP picture, digital camera photo, English studying information from your computer.
It can play RM, RMVB, MPEG1(VCD), MPEG2(DVD), MPEG4(DIVX), MOV, MP3, JPG, BMP picture, digital camera photo on television or projective equipment.
It have super capability (80G or more) and can store over 100 movies or 20 thousand songs that let you away from trouble such playing discs, replace discs or discs been scraped. At the same time you can economize a lot of monies for purchasing discs. You may knew some websites where can download movies and songs at NO CHARGE.
If you are liker for foreign language or music, with one stereo earphone and one battery box, wherever you travel, you can enjoy music or movies. This unit have AV output jack. you can very expediently connect to TV.
If you want to take a large number of data documents, the unit is your best selection, because it also is one high capability moveable hard disk.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Roomba iRobot 530 Roomba Vacuuming Robot
I bought this Roomba 530 on July 2008 as a birthday gift for my wife and have been very impressed so far. This item was sold at Rm2,188.00 in Malaysia. I bought it at the price of Rm1,xxx.00 inclusive of all cost from USA.
After having the roomba for a couple of months now, I don't know how we would live without it. Roomba really does seem to have a personality of it's own and endears itself to you. It's wonderful to have clean floors all the time and know that the roomba is always ready to work, whether we are or not.
This irobot has the following features:
- Covers 3 rooms in a single battery charge
- Self-charging Home Base
- 2 Improved Virtual Walls
- Smart and efficient
- Picks up dirt, dust, and more from carpets and hard floors
- Cleans the whole floor, under and around furniture and along wall edges - Automatically adjusts from carpets to hard floors and back again
- Spot Clean provides quick clean-up of spills and concentrated messes
- Automatically senses and avoids stairs and other drop-offs
- Simple to use! Just press the Clean button and Roomba does the rest!
- Automatically returns to its self-charging Home Base to dock and recharge between cleanings
- Improved Virtual Walls (2) tell Roomba where to clean by restricting off-limit areas now with longer battery life and streamlined design
- Faster counter-rotating brushes with improved design pick up more hair and debris and are easier to remove and clean
- Improved filter captures more dust and allergens while a larger bin holds more debris
- Improved anti-tangle technology keeps Roomba from getting stuck on cords, carpet fringe and tassels
- Improved side brush makes Roomba even more efficient at cleaning edges and corners
As a member of the latest generation of home robots, the iRobot Roomba 530 Vacuum Cleaning Robot features the newest innovations for dramatically improved performance, reliability and durability. It systematically cleans three rooms on a single charge, gets into hard-to-reach areas like wall edges and beneath furniture while avoiding stairs and other drop-offs. Roomba automatically adjusts from carpets to hard floors and back again. Improved Virtual Wall® tells Roomba where to clean by restricting off-limit areas (2 included). When the cleaning is complete, or if the battery is running low, Roomba automatically returns to the self-charging Home Base to dock and recharge.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Genting Trailblazer at Awana Genting Highlands-2nd Nov 2008
The last 2 Cats. mixed Ad. and Men Vet were flagged off aroud 8:50 am
runners made a mad dash
First part of the race was mostly downhill and tarmac road.
The first obstacle was a 1.5 meters deep water hole x 3 nos about 4 feet in between.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Some of the best places to eat in KL & Selangor
2. WANTAN MEE/KARI MEE - End of old Subang airport road, in the Subang New Village Town Centre.
3. TAPIOCA NOODLES& VEGETABLES - Old Klang Road : a shack which is nestled behind a chinese primary school, after the market and the post office (which would be on your left).
4. KARI MEE (LEMAK) - SS1, PJ : Alisan Restaurant (2nd shop from corner), facing the Lorenzo Furniture Shop.
5. ROAST DUCK RICE - Seapark : Sunrise Coffee Shop
6. PRAWN MEE/KARIMEE/CHEE CHEONG FUN - Seapark : Coffee Shop near old Paramount Theatre.
7. PAN MEE - Along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman behind Kah Motors.
8. HOKKIEN MEE - Petaling Street opposite Hong Leong Bank
9. CHAR SIEW RICE - Jalan Tung Shin
10. NASI KANDAR - Kayu Nasi Kandar Restaurant in Taipan, Subang with a branch in SS2 a coffee shop formerly known as Cheow Yang
11. Teh Tarik & roti - Taman Desa next to the water tank
12. If money is not an issue - Madam Kwan (Nasi Lemak & curry fish head)
13. Little Penang (chow Koay Tiew & Prawn mee)
14. Bak kut teh - Jalan Imbi behind hong leong bank
15. Satay - Naan Corner in Ampang, in between International School and RSPCA, called Nur Satay.
16. Banana Leaf - Kannas in SS2, behind Lisa De Inn hotel.
17. Nasi Lemak - Suzi corner, next to Ampang city (used to be called Kerris)
18. Won Ton Mien/Char Siew - Jln Sungai Besi; on the way to PLUS. Only open at 7pm-2am, a car repair shop by day.
19. Beef Brisket noodles - Tengkat Tong Shin; runs parallel to Jalan Alor. Stall near the beginning of the road. Open at night till late.
20. Char Siew/Chicken rice - Tengkat Tong Shin; further up the road. Old prewar shop house. This has to be the drop dead unhealthiest piece of anything you can insert in your mouth in KL? but to die for. Chicken is strictly as filler to make sure you don't get a heart attack overdosing on char siew.
21. Fish balls - Tengkat Tong Shin; a little further up the road from char siew. Stall inside a coffee shop. This guy is good, look at the amount of people he employs to helpout!
22. Hokkien mee (KL style - thick, black, yummy (sounds kinky) Petaling Street; at the intersection opposite Hong Leong Bank. Full of porcine goodness. Still the gold standard of Hokkien mee.
23. Seafood noodles - Segambut; near Auto Bavaria. A big bowl full of noodles and assorted mussels, prawns, cuttlefish, fish etc. for reasonable price. Pick of soup, clear, tom yam, curry. Forget the rest, or for the curry. Soya bean with cincau not bad. Avoid on Sunday mornings.You will wait for an hour. Fried Chicken Rice (only on Weds and Sat)!! There is a branch now open in SS2 Chow Yang, called Restoran Yu Ai with yellow sign board, just a few doors away from Kayu Nasi Kandar.
24. Ploughman's Lunch ? Finnegan's Seri Hartamas. A big plate
filled with a pot of pate, slices of ham, pickle, onion, chunks of cheese, a slab of butter, 4 hunks of bread. If you are EXTREMELY hungry, this one's for you.
25. Chef's salad - Flagz; behind Souled Out. This salad is as all Salads should be - crunchy FRESH veggies, and the dressing is to diefor. Easily the best salad in town. And I don't even like salad. Beer is the ! Freshest in town too, great bite.
26. Hokkien Mee (Penang style otherwise known as Prawn noodles) Champ's; Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru. Standard gone down somewhat recently, but still head and shoulders above all others in KL. You'll have to go to Penang to beat this.
27. Char Kway Teow Bukit Damansara; behind Hock Lee supermarket, next to Shell. Corner stall inside coffee shop. Best in KL. The fellow has been frying for longer than I can recall, and he is so good that you may have to wait up to 45 minutes during lunch time. Doesn't use too much oil almost perfect. As above, you'll have to go to Penang to beat this. Other stalls in the same shop not bad.
28. Chicken rice Jalan Gasing; very close to the Federal Highway, same row as Southern Bank 2 shops one in the middle, one in the corner.Can't decide which is superior, but both are very good. Middle one has Ipoh taugeh.
29. Bak Kut Teh Klang, just about anywhere. Hokkien Association off the main highway leading to the heart of Klang is a good place to start for beginners.
30. Dim Sum ? Marriott Hotel. Chinese restaurant here serves northern China style dim sum. Easily best dim sum in town. A little pricey.
31. Fish head off Jalan Sungai Besi; just past Won Ton Mien, turn left right after BP. Three shops clumped together. All look dilapidated but don't worry. Don't know what type of fish they get their heads from, but I suspect fresh water fish. Hot sauce fish head to die for. Extremely reasonable prices.
32. Bak Kut Teh Segambut; go past Auto Bavaria, follow road all the way until you see a Chinese temple on your left. Enter the temple courtyard and you will see a tin shack where they serve bak kut teh. Not quite up there with Klang, but nothing to sneeze at... Go for yam rice rather than white rice. Fried Chicken Rice (only on Weds and Sat)!!
33. Nasi Kandar/Kerabu/Laut Taman Tun; the other end of Secret Recipe in a store on the same block, usually with a van outside. Truly Kelantanese style. Only in the morning though...
34. Seafood ? Pulau Carey; get to Jalan Banting and follow signs to Pulau Carey. Place called Kang Guan, just before the actual bridge onto the island. Cheap!
35. Nasi Lemak TangLin at Lake Gardens , near the Clinic/Hospital. Only open when government depts open.
39. Chicken rice - Bing Restaurant in Sri Rampai. Wait till you drop to eat the chicken rice. Worth it.
40. Nasi Lemak - (Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa) - along Jln kampung Baru
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Attacked by Virus
The same think happen on the next day, swelling and pain in my parotid glands. Later i discovered that it was mumps. My glands became increasingly swollen and painful, The pain got worse when i swallowed, talked and chewed. Despite of that, i still managed to complete a 5 km easy run.(The toughest run of the year).
The third day 31st Nov 2008 (Friday), no more fever and headache.........